Monday, September 24, 2012

Review : My Turn 'Athens' (CD)


First thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word 'Athens', is of course, Parthenon. The famous Athenian Acropolis temple, which was built to commemorate the Greek Goddess...Athena. Well, enough of my rumblings about Gods, Olympians, warriors, and temples; it is time to talk about this CD. My Turn is a four-piece Greek hardcore band that was assembled during the last quarter of 2010, and is one of the most active and dedicated band in Greece's hardcore-punk community. As soon as you hear the first chord in their opening song, "Photos On The Wall", you'll now that you're in for a ride! 10 melodic songs that are both catchy and uncompromising. Lyrics deal with animal cruelty, broken friendships, corruption, things falling apart, standing for what you believe in, and common misconceptions in life. My Turn can easily be compare to Good Clean Fun, Shutdown, and Battery. This CD will also appeal to fans of Gameface and Dag Nasty, because of the amazing melodic riffs!

www.myturn.bandcamp.com
www.myturnhc.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. thanx so much for this awesome review and thanx for noticing the Dag Nasty influence (my fav's)!

    fotis/my turn

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome fotis! wanna exchange links? i always enjoy reading your blog : http://takeyourshotfanzine.blogspot.com/
    thanks a lot for getting in touch man!

    ReplyDelete